What Does Embedding Live Video Mean?
Embedding live video means adding a live stream to your website using the online video platform. After the embedding finishes, people who are visiting your website can watch the live video via the website video player.
For most websites, the video would show up as part of website content with the normal player functions like volume adjustment. And the process can be easily concluded in one step: copying and pasting the link or code for your live stream while editing the HTML for your own website.
The Benefits of Live Streaming to Your Website
How does it work to improve your enterprise? Here are some advantages you would get from having the live stream on your own website:
- Additional setup on the website to optimize the streaming content. With live steam only on the video platforms, you are limited in the display offered by the media platform. And within your own website, you can add articles, slides, graphic displays, and plugins as much as you want.
- Only one destination to your honest audience. You may use different platforms or stream from different social media. Jumping through different platforms would possibly lead to the loss of audience. So using your own website as the destination among all the social media would help you gather the target audience and provide the content they want to keep them.
- Have more engagement with your audience. The target to stream on different platforms is to collect more target people and let them visit your website. With embedding, you can directly achieve the goal to make them see the other content you prepared while streaming. It also helps people to step closer to you.
- Easier to be found under Search Engine Optimization. With both video and text available, it is easy to rank your website with similar keywords.
How to Embed The Video on Your Website
#1 Choose The Platform
To startup from the beginning, you need to choose the original streaming platform for embedding. Here we use the YoloCast, a new stream platform provided by Yololiv for content creators.
YoloCast is a go-to live streaming platform that gives you more control than ever to deliver professional live videos and engage your audience. You can host, monetize and broadcast with a superior viewing experience. With three different plans available, you can choose it by comparing these plans with the various functions provided in each plan.
- The basic function in the standard plan includes Automated Scheduling, Multi-Streaming to different platforms at the same time, Simulated Live, Concurrent Broadcasts, and basic storage of 50GB. You can also use the Web URL overlay to your live stream after joining the plan.
- While in the professional plan which has all the functions below, you can also stream 3 events concurrently, add Graphic overlays, and enjoy up to 1080p video resolution. Streaming to your website with the embedding code would be available and it also offers video monetization. Document Display can be added to the stream too. You might also need the Highlight Clipping with the Video Markers which provides a “smarter” stream for viewers.
- Business Plan is the most picked plan on the platform. In addition to what the processional plan has, the Business plan can stream 5 events concurrently. The maximum stream duration is 24h and you can add scoreboard overlay and automated captioning on the video. It also offers a higher frame rate which is up to 60fps for live streaming. Automated captioning makes the content clearer while speaking and Video Trimming reduces the time for you to repurpose the video.
#2 Create The Live Stream
After the platform choice, you need to build the stream in the platform with the necessary information, like the title, thumbnail, video quality, beginning time and etc. Be careful with these since you cannot change them once you finish creating.
#3 Generate An Embed Code
In the menu, you would find the “Embed” option which is specially provided for the users who want to get the embed code. It provides various options for you to adjust the final display you want to see on your own website, even with Integration Functions for the layouts displaying/hiding. In the end, there is also a preview button for you to check the adjustment result.
And when you are ready, you can copy the code from the final part of the page.
#4 Paste And Save
Finally, find the place on your site where you’d like to embed the video player. Open the HTML editor, and paste the embed code that you copied from YoloCast. Different systems and websites may have different types of displays, and here is only an example we have of what it looks like.
#5 Recheck By Third-view
It is always worth a recheck when all the things are set. Open the website as a visitor to regard yourself as a stranger. You can also invite your friend or some close fans to preview it and share your opinion. And after the changes are made, preview it to make sure the code is working correctly to achieve the display you want.
FAQs for Embedding
#1. What’s the difference between the three types of embed codes?
#2. What would it show when I am not streaming?
It depends on the event settings you choose when building. If you choose the Live-Only option on the final confirmation, the embedded video would show an offline notification when the event ends. If you did not choose the option( it is not chosen in default), the replay of the event would be displayed on the website and repeated until you start the next stream.
#3. Is it possible to embed a live stream on a WordPress website?
Yes, you can use the same code to embed live streams on your WordPress site. Add the new block and choose Custom HTML to insert the code. Then when publishing, you will have the streaming video displayed on the WordPress website.
#4. Can I embed it after the streaming starts?
Yes of course! There is also an embed option on the live streaming page to promote the event. Click the embed icon and you would have similar settings with the Embed option in the background.
Embedding the live stream to your own website can be easy and simple with the well-preparation from YoloCast. Just copying and pasting the code would open a new window for your work. It will also aggregate and utilize the resources you have in a more efficient way for your audience.
YoloLiv’s new cloud platform was just released, and it’s now offering an unprecedented promotion on all plans. Come and join us with a 14-day free trial at dashboard.yololiv.com to start streaming!
Cerise is a support specialist at YoloLiv with three years of experience working as a Customer Support Specialist in the consumer electronics industry. She also produces articles including video productions, tips and tricks and expert knowledge in the audiovisual industry.