Telegram has emerged as one of the most popular social networks worldwide, boasting an impressive 550 million monthly active users. Offering a unique blend of messaging, video calling, and content distribution, Telegram has become a preferred platform for users and creators alike. As of March 2022, Telegram introduced the capability to broadcast live videos to channels and groups, with an unlimited number of viewers. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of going live on Telegram, whether you’re using a mobile device or desktop.
The Benefits of Live Streaming on Telegram
Before delving into the specifics of how to go live on Telegram, let’s take a moment to appreciate the advantages of utilizing this feature:
1. Unlimited Viewers
One of the primary benefits of live streaming on Telegram is the absence of viewer limitations. Regardless of whether you’re streaming to a channel or a group, you can have as many viewers as you wish, making it ideal for reaching a large audience.
2. Inclusive Participation
Telegram allows any member of a channel or group to request permission to start broadcasting while you’re live. This feature enables you to have guests join your stream from anywhere in the world, promoting engagement and interaction with your audience.
3. Create Your Own TV Channel
Telegram is home to numerous one-to-many channels where creators can distribute content and messages to their followers. By leveraging the live streaming feature, you can effortlessly transform your channel into a personalized TV channel, broadcasting live video content on a regular schedule.
4. Secure Live Streaming
Telegram has built a reputation for robust privacy and security protections. By streaming live video on Telegram, you can ensure that only the intended audience can access your content, and you can have confidence that live chat messages are encrypted end-to-end.
How to Go Live on Telegram: A Step-by-Step Guide
Whether you’re on the go or at your desktop, you can easily go live on Telegram. Below, we provide instructions for both mobile and desktop users:
How to Stream on Telegram on Mobile
- Download the Telegram mobile app from either the Play Store (for Android) or the Apple Store (for iOS).
- Sign in to your Telegram account or create one if you don’t have an account yet.
- To start streaming to a channel, tap on the desired channel from your list of channels and groups.
- Once inside the channel, tap the channel name at the top of the screen.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner to access more options.
- Select “Start Live Stream” to initiate your live stream.
- Choose whether you want to display yourself as a user or as your channel, and then tap “Start Live Stream” again.
- Once your stream starts, you can unmute yourself and activate your camera.
- To end the stream, tap the red “Leave” button, check the box next to “End live stream,” and then tap “Leave” to conclude the stream.
How to Stream on Telegram on Desktop
- Open your Telegram desktop application and navigate to the desired group or channel where you want to start the live stream.
- To initiate a live stream in a group, select “Video Chat”; for a channel, select “Live Stream.”
- Note that you must be an admin to start a live video on Telegram.
- Set up your Telegram live stream by configuring your webcam and microphone.
Live streaming on Telegram presents a myriad of opportunities for creators and businesses alike. With its unlimited viewer capacity, inclusive participation, and robust security measures, Telegram’s live streaming feature is an excellent platform to engage with your audience and share compelling content. For those seeking to take their live streams to the next level, YoloLiv offers powerful customization and multi-platform streaming capabilities.
4,639 total views, 59 views today
Pauline is a Marketing Specialist at YoloLiv, with over three years of experience in overseas digital marketing. She aims to produce high-quality and practical content for all tech lovers and dig deeper into the live streaming fields.